Protecting your data continuously
Let’s consider how you can use Nonstop Backup for protecting your data.
To protect your data continuously:
- Click Nonstop Backup on the main screen. This will open the Nonstop Backup window.
- Select on the directory tree in the What to back up area an item to be protected by Nonstop Backup. The right side will show the item contents with all the files and subfolders selected. There you can unselect the files you do not need to protect. If you need to protect more items, just continue selecting items on the directory tree in the same way.
- Select a destination for nonstop backup (you can leave the default destination or browse for a destination after clicking on the current destination and selecting a suitable destination from the dropdown list). For more information on selecting and managing Nonstop Backup storage see Acronis Nonstop Backup storage.
- The Nonstop Backup will get a default name, but if you would like to assign another name, type the name in the Backup name field.
- Click the Start now button to start protecting the selected data immediately.
Nonstop Backup and Try&Decide cannot work simultaneously. If you click the Start now button when the Try mode is turned on, the program will display a message that Nonstop Backup cannot start while you are working in the Try mode. To start Nonstop Backup, you will need to finish a Try&Decide session.
You can exclude from protection files that match the criteria you specify. To add exclusion criteria, click the Add link to the right of Exclusions. While adding criteria, you can use the common Windows wildcard characters. For more information see Excluding items from backup.
Incidentally, you can change the Nonstop Backup settings any time. To do so, click Edit Nonstop Backup settings on the main screen. Save the edited Nonstop Backup settings by clicking the Save button and Nonstop Backup will immediately start working with the new settings. If you have changed the Nonstop Backup destination, the program will create a new full backup of the data to be protected on the new Nonstop Backup storage.
You can also include files and folders into Nonstop Backup by selecting them in Windows Explorer and choosing Storages ® Include in Nonstop Backup in the shortcut menu that opens by right-clicking on the selected item.