Rescue media contents selection
You can select which components of Acronis programs you want to place on the bootable media. If you have other Acronis products installed on your computer, such as Acronis Disk Director Suite, the bootable versions of these programs’ components will be offered as well.
Acronis True Image Home 2011 offers the following components:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011 (Full version) – includes support of USB, PC Card (formerly PCMCIA) and SCSI interfaces along with the storage devices connected via them, and therefore is strongly recommended.
- Acronis True Image Home 2011 (Safe version) – does not include USB, PC card, and SCSI support. The safe version will be available for those who purchased the boxed version of Acronis True Image Home 2011 and installed the appropriate add-on.
- Acronis System Report – the component allows you to generate a system report that is used for collecting information about your system in case of any program problem. Report generation will be available before you start Acronis True Image Home 2011 from the bootable media. The generated system report can be saved to a USB flash drive.
To select a component:
- Select the check box of the program you want to include into the bootable media. The bottom field displays the space required for the selected components. If you have other Acronis products installed on your computer, you can also include standalone versions of these programs into the same bootable media.
- If automatic start of the program is necessary, select the Starts automatically after check box. The Start automatically after parameter specifies the timeout interval for the boot menu. If this parameter is not specified, the program will display the boot menu and wait for you to select whether to boot the OS or the Acronis component. If you set, for example, 10 sec for Acronis rescue media, the standalone Acronis True Image Home 2011 will launch 10 seconds after the menu is displayed.
- Click Next to continue