Acronis Secure Zone protection
Here, you can set up password protection for the Acronis Secure Zone in order to prevent it from unauthorized access.
The program will ask for the password at any operation relating to the Acronis Secure Zone such as data backup and recovery, mounting images or validating backups in the Acronis Secure Zone, resizing and deleting the Acronis Secure Zone.
- Do not protect – choose this option, if you do not want to use password protection for the secure zone.
- Set password – choose this option, if you need to protect the Acronis Secure Zone with a password.
- Type the password in the Password field.
- Retype the previously entered password in the Confirm field.
- You can also select a secret question that will be asked in case you forget the password. Select a secret question from the list and enter an answer to it.
- Click Next to continue.
Acronis True Image Home 2011 repair or update will not affect the password. However, if the program is removed and then installed again while keeping the Acronis Secure Zone on the disk, the password to the Acronis Secure Zone will be reset.